Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

richmond va hookup

I m desperate to inform him how I feel, but too scared! He texts me a lot, and has just joined a weekly class that I go to. craigslist the villages You will notice that this dating internet site presents gay preference as nicely. But yes I in all probability really should give it another go. online dating costa rica 1 day I matched up with an American girl and it went nicely, but she had to leave the country like ASAP so it could not go any additional than that.

ashley madison hookup site

You can use their photo and bio to locate clues, he says. pensacola singles club Think it or not what you mention above will not attract the regular girls that is searching for a connection, or searching for a soul mate. But I set aside my judgment extended enough for us to exchange numbers and agreed to meet at a nearby Starbucks the following Monday. erik pawassar That s why we strive to make meaningful, productive dating coaching as inexpensive and accessible as attainable for every person.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

10/8/2008 8:45:35 AM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  
arkansasnman
Over 2,000 Posts (2,253)
Fayetteville, AR

Quote from katrinasq:
Lioness and Oldeschool need to meet.

.....at least take their chat to email instead of the thread.

I don't think they are impressing nearly as many people as they think they are.

10/8/2008 8:55:22 AM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

lucysueloo
Washington, NC

Maybe you just have body odor?

10/8/2008 8:58:36 AM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

ccherie
Salem, OR

Depends on who points out the fact that their intelligence is not on par ? If I find a man who is smarter then me, I enjoy the challenge. If an intelligent person puts someone else down.. they are going to be darn lonely at the top!

10/8/2008 9:00:13 AM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

missmmeoftheday
Over 2,000 Posts (3,103)
Brooklyn, NY

Quote from krathnami:
Now, I'm not saying I'm MENSA level genius or anything, however, I have noticed a tendency in some, not all, but a good handful of women will not give me the time of day upon the realization that my intelligence surpasses their own in some areas people of a certain pedigree would consider to be elite discussion.

Science, Philosophy, Politics, and Theology all seem to strike a negative chord with the women I've been seeing recently. While, on the other hand, I have little to no interest in topics such as the history of their personal relationships and their self interests.

Is love even possible given such friction?

OK... so I read this an my immediate reaction is that you sound very pompous. I'm far from unintelligent, but your "intelligence surpasses their own in some areas people of a certain pedigree would consider to be elite discussion"...

do you really speak like that? I mean, if you and I met, and you spoke to me like that.... and please don't misunderstand me here, it is not that I don't know what those words mean, nor that I don't understand the sentence... but I'd think wow, this guy is so hung up on himself sounding smart.... he sounds like a pompous ass. Maybe the women you meet get the same vibe; maybe they are MENSA smart, just not prone to superiority complexes.

Religion and politics are two subjects that, unless you're really in a solid relationship with someone, are better left off of the dating table, IMO. Just good manners.

Is love possible given such friction? yes... good debates, good conversations, great disagreements.... they can be a terrific part of a good, healthy relationship. But it reads to me like you don't want that... you want your woman to be interested in what you are interested in.

Maybe you should look for a MENSA dating site. IMO

[Edited 10/8/2008 9:01:08 AM]

10/8/2008 3:46:47 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

firstlight
Over 2,000 Posts (2,771)
Strasburg, VA

I enjoy stimulating conversation with someone of equal intelligence /education level as mine and beyond. I don't mind asking for an explanation if I do not understand something and I don't mind occasional good natured ribbing of my shortcomings.

I do mind someone who wears their education or intelligence as a badge of superiority. I do mind someone who is condescending, pompous or rude.

I suppose, as with any interest levels ie: chemistry, it's simply a matter of finding the right match.

10/8/2008 4:38:37 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

deedee22801
Harrisonburg, VA

I LOVE intelligent men!!!! I couldn't imagine being involved with someone who wasn't highly intelligent.

10/8/2008 8:03:21 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

oldeschoolcharm
Over 1,000 Posts (1,747)
Monroe, WA

Quote from arkansasnman:
.....at least take their chat to email instead of the thread.

I don't think they are impressing nearly as many people as they think they are.

There is no ulterior motive to impress anyone, or to have a private conversation in a public forum.

Rather, it is to illustrate what some of us consider normal conversation, whether private or public. The "f**k or pass", "does size matter", and "am I ugly" threads just don't meet the mark. And, yes, there are people who talk like that all the time -- if we have nothing interesting to say, we say nothing.

10/9/2008 12:54:42 AM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  
greyson101
Port Saint Lucie, FL

Quote from lucysueloo:
Maybe you just have body odor?
NOT ONLY .....DO you STINK......ur a BOOGER.

10/9/2008 12:58:22 AM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

oldeschoolcharm
Over 1,000 Posts (1,747)
Monroe, WA

Quote from greyson101:
NOT ONLY .....DO you STINK......ur a BOOGER.

You're 38?

So why act like an 8 year old?

I don't like saying it, but in a thread about intelligence, this adds nothing to the conversation and I can only conclude that the 'stupid' is strong with this one.

[Edited 10/9/2008 12:58:58 AM]

10/9/2008 3:57:10 AM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  
stpeteaccountan
Saint Petersburg, FL

As an educated woman I prefer intelligent men. I want someone I can hold a conversation with.

10/10/2008 9:32:31 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  
greyson101
Port Saint Lucie, FL

[quote header]Quote from oldeschoolcharm:[/quote header]
You're 38?

So why act like an 8 year old?

I don't like saying it, but in a thread about intelligence, this adds nothing to the conversation and I can only conclude that the 'stupid' is strong with this one.
You need to cool your jets....DARLIN...I seen a lot of your post.....People in glass houses.......shouldn't throw stones.......BITE ME......OLD MAN....IF you are in replying that I"m "stupid" ......I GUESS THAT WOULD PUT YOU IN THE POOL........OLD MAN....With EVERYONE else that's on this site.........PLZ......Don't me make you cry.......So just be a "MAN" and leave this alone...or can you....That's see.....A old man that has a dictionary handy..........LADIES......Grab your babies and move against the wall......WE JUST HAD THE "SMARTEST" "MAN walk in the room.....PLZ....Control yourselves.......HA

[Edited 10/10/2008 9:43:41 PM]

10/10/2008 9:59:16 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  
greyson101
Port Saint Lucie, FL

I like unicorns and Strawberry, Pop-Tarts........

10/10/2008 10:01:20 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

kgearly1021
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,282)
Valdosta, GA

Ya'll got pop tarts in here? Frosted ones? Got milk?

10/11/2008 11:41:40 AM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

oldeschoolcharm
Over 1,000 Posts (1,747)
Monroe, WA

Quote from greyson101:
You need to cool your jets....DARLIN...I seen a lot of your post.....People in glass houses.......shouldn't throw stones.......BITE ME......OLD MAN....IF you are in replying that I"m "stupid" ......I GUESS THAT WOULD PUT YOU IN THE POOL........OLD MAN....With EVERYONE else that's on this site.........PLZ......Don't me make you cry.......So just be a "MAN" and leave this alone...or can you....That's see.....A old man that has a dictionary handy..........LADIES......Grab your babies and move against the wall......WE JUST HAD THE "SMARTEST" "MAN walk in the room.....PLZ....Control yourselves.......HA

The tone of your posts in the thread makes you look very stupid, yes. You are not contributing anything of value, and your command of English is very poor.

Are you, perhaps, trying to be silly? Or, just throwing out ad hominem attacks (e.g. your use of "BOOGER" to describe the OP)?

You miss the subtlety in my comment. I never wrote you were stupid. I wrote that "the stupid" appears strong with this one. You project the impression of stupidity. If that is not your intent, then try a different style.

10/11/2008 7:27:03 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

hotcowgirl4u
Martins Ferry, OH

Quote from krathnami:
Now, I'm not saying I'm MENSA level genius or anything, however, I have noticed a tendency in some, not all, but a good handful of women will not give me the time of day upon the realization that my intelligence surpasses their own in some areas people of a certain pedigree would consider to be elite discussion.

Science, Philosophy, Politics, and Theology all seem to strike a negative chord with the women I've been seeing recently. While, on the other hand, I have little to no interest in topics such as the history of their personal relationships and their self interests.

Is love even possible given such friction?

A smart person can talk anything with anyone.

A truly smart person knows how to listen to anyone.

We as a society worry about the talking, the important part is the listening. Then you can know how to talk to someone on their level.