Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonsls

In 2011, I was 14 years old, had just finished eighth grade and was bored on the online. hookup sites melbourne It would be very best to use the most impressive outfits to generate a highlight for the initial meeting and make a romantic date. I realized I wasn t interested in seeking at anyone else and he did the similar factor, she says. mature asian ass So we drive back to the bar, exactly where she s going to drop me back at my vehicle.

what is rubmaps

V. west des moines singles Description of users, date and set up. A few days later, I was awoken very early on a Sunday morning by a knock on the door of my apartment. straight version of sniffies I get in touch with these annoying dating inquiries, but they could just be lazy dating concerns.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

10/5/2008 10:24:23 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

passionatekisss
Sebastian, FL

Ok, ok, for me??? I'm an totally turned on to well educated, intelligent men.

I like someone who can think outside the box, and stand his own in a conversation without it always being all about sex..

If a man can match my level of intelligence, we have lift off.. If not, it's a waste of time.. I get tired of men who have nothing to say other than the duldrum...

Bring it...

10/5/2008 10:26:27 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

literarylioness
Oakland, CA

OP, I am a MENSA member and I find that men do not want intelligent women either. Most people want people on their level of intelligence, which is generally about average.

10/5/2008 10:29:26 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  
karmahappens
Peabody, MA

Quote from krathnami:
I'm not half the legend as say, John Legend, but I can flick a cigarette in a bucket from 20 paces. Mad skillz!

Whoa, that's impressive and intelligent.
Mad skillz?...ummmm..Yeah, I'm totally intimidated now.

10/5/2008 10:31:00 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

literarylioness
Oakland, CA

Quote from oldeschoolcharm:
Intelligence is often mistaken for arrogance. It isn't that I'm "talking down" as much as trying to "talk up" to my audience and misjudging their level of education, vocabulary, ability to think logically, or interest in devils' advocate arguments.

In a thread about oral sex, I will raise the issue of it's illegality in various states, to which many will accuse me of being a party pooper, or claiming that the law should be broken (well, which laws, all laws, or some, and if so, why?), for example.

I am actually interested in how people would react to the state's interference in non-harmful activities between consenting adults, but the discussion never reaches that level.

Alternately, if someone has a good point, but presents it rudely, I will often champion the point they are trying to make, independent of their rudeness. But, again, many can't, or won't care for the crux of the complaint of if the argument is presented badly.

Sigh.

It IS very frustrating.

It would be easy to "go with the flow" of any one discussion, but bucking the consensus view, and throwing a wrench into the common line of reasoning, is so much more illuminating. Sadly, thinking is something many do not want to do here.

"F**k or pass" indeed.

Would any sane person actually f**k a stranger?

I am a Devil's Advocate too, but so many do not understand how to debate points. They end up doing personal insults instead of rising to the level of discussion. Also, if you are good at it, they will call you "mean" for crafting your responses to their replies. A lot of people are in Plato's Cave and do not want to get out.

10/5/2008 10:31:08 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  
thegooddude24
Joliet, IL

Quote from karmahappens:
Whoa, that's impressive and intelligent.
Mad skillz?...ummmm..Yeah, I'm totally intimidated now.

I have been on her side this entire post, I've just been silent. ha!

[Edited 10/5/2008 10:31:35 PM]

10/5/2008 10:33:10 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

juniebegood
Over 1,000 Posts (1,978)
Huntington, NY

You're obviously choosing to date women that don't share similar interests. You've got to be more selective when choosing a woman you'd like to date. Talk to her first, find out her interests, and if they mesh with yours, then ask her out on a date. Chances are you'll find more satisfaction that way.

10/5/2008 10:33:33 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

oldeschoolcharm
Over 1,000 Posts (1,740)
Monroe, WA

Quote from literarylioness:"OP, I am a MENSA member and I find that men do not want intelligent women either. Most people want people on their level of intelligence, which is generally about average."

The hell we don't!

I'd love to date someone either smarter than me, or well-versed in a subject in which I have a modest interest but great ignorance. I'd very much like to date a lawyer, for example, or a doctor. I have an understanding of the basics of law, biology, and chemistry, but some minutiae escape me, and I'd love to learn.

I don't just want a romantic partner. I want an intelligent friend.

O/T: This "Too many quotes used recently" really bugs me. How can one properly cite what someone else has written?

10/5/2008 10:41:38 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

oldeschoolcharm
Over 1,000 Posts (1,740)
Monroe, WA

Quote from literarylioness:"I am a Devil's Advocate too, but so many do not understand how to debate points. They end up doing personal insults instead of rising to the level of discussion. Also, if you are good at it, they will call you "mean" for crafting your responses to their replies. A lot of people are in Plato's Cave and do not want to get out."

Yes, there's such a pleasure in taking either an unpopular view (cutting people off welfare to encourage self-sufficiency), or one presented badly (men's rights of equality when it comes to child-reading), or just plain hard to defend (racism), and trying to argue it as well as possible.

Of course, I don't really advocate racism. But, I can make a good argument, for example, that statistically blacks are more likely to be incarcerated for crimes, and therefore should be subject to greater background checks for employment.

Do I believe that would be a good idea? Hell, no!

But, by arguing the point, it helps others strengthen the counterargument, and illustrate how dangerous assumptions can lead to what appear to be reasonable conclusions.

Of course, in this example, one can not apply any kind of statistical observation to the case of the individual, and if one tries, proper care for data error is paramount.

Sigh.

But, finding someone who enjoys such reparte, sometimes makes me feel like Sisyphus -- can the rock get any heavier or the mountain any taller? Or, in the vernacular, WTF?

10/5/2008 11:02:22 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

krathnami
Olympia, WA

Quote from literarylioness:
OP, I am a MENSA member and I find that men do not want intelligent women either. Most people want people on their level of intelligence, which is generally about average.

Absolutely ridiculous. All the women I've been cautious around have been smarter than me. It's always intelligence that makes a woman more beautiful and intimidating.

Not to say I haven't put forth an honest effort and appeal.

10/5/2008 11:22:09 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

sinfulcharming
Over 1,000 Posts (1,695)
Fort Wayne, IN

Quote from literarylioness:

I am MENSA too and this statement pretty much sums it up for me!

10/5/2008 11:37:31 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  
greyson101
Port Saint Lucie, FL

Blah.....Blah....Blah....Cuz that's...all I hear from you so-called intelligent men .......Give it up ...DUDE. My feelings and your feelings....GOD...I just throw up in my mouth......Blah....Blah....Ewwwwwww.......Gross....I don't care.....That's what we think.When you open your mouth to speak.

10/5/2008 11:48:29 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

krathnami
Olympia, WA

Okay, so does that mean we should get right down to our biological imperatives or should I display more intelligence?

10/5/2008 11:54:10 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  

sedonaphotofan
Over 1,000 Posts (1,879)
Sedona, AZ

Coming from me some will laugh, however before getting into the brainy power stuff, maybe just light conversation for starters.

There are a lot of brainy women here, a lot will keep up with you so i don't think that is it. Most i believe and this is just me, they love intelligent conversation, instead of f this and F that.

Karl in Sedona

10/5/2008 11:56:39 PM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  
greyson101
Port Saint Lucie, FL

[quote header]Quote from krathnami:[/quote header]
Okay, so does that mean we should get right down to our biological imperatives or should I display more intelligence?
Blah.....Blah....That's all I read from you...TRUST ME YOU DON"T WANT TO GO IN A DEBATE WITH ME........PUP. I'll make you cry.

10/6/2008 12:00:05 AM Why do many women seem to be put off by intelligent men?  
greyson101
Port Saint Lucie, FL

Karl
You are so right....I don't know why I let these people get to me....It like fighting with a trailer park posse. You are so cool....Why are you single?????