Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

hookup websites like craigslist

Bumble Increase costs $24. dating northwest indiana Being accepted for who you are by your partner is an crucial component of creating a like that lasts. All members of the web site can use free functions , and even love welcome bonuses which let them attempt special solutions like messaging. datehookup closed Luckily for you, our group of modern dating professionals reviewed thousands of on line dating conversations that resulted in dates for our male customers.

skipthegames sex

I really am an individual who can compromise to a certain extent, for instance I went to Singapore for my friend s wedding in January, but I am considering of those who don t really feel they can. tampa dating sites I only give blowjobs once just about every three months. Ahead of me, he spent four years functioning overseas and dating girls across the globe. dating sites india mumbai There is no more rapidly way to make me feel like I m failing at life than to ask me why I m single.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

Page: 1, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
6/3/2008 11:09:25 PM Mensa or Intellectuals  

dutchlangley
Sherman, TX

Whether or not the universe eventually contracts back to a singularity or continues to expand forever depends on whether the universe contains enough matter to exert enough gravity to overcome the inertia of the expanding universe and begin to pull everything back toward the center. The universe is not infinite, but it is about as close as you get to infinite without actually being there (infinity minus one or even some infinitesimal fraction of one). However, my son pointed out to me a method of finding the center of the universe that had not occured to me. We need not find the edge of the universe in order to find the center. Since the universe is expanding in all directions simultaneously, we need only find the one and only point in space that all galaxies are moving away from.

6/10/2008 12:50:37 PM Mensa or Intellectuals  

foxy_woman_49
Omaha, NE

I am in favor

Good Luck

6/10/2008 7:17:31 PM Mensa or Intellectuals  

grizz67
Bernville, PA

I am all for a new thread involving such discussions. If I may, I would like to chime in on the issue involving the question; If a tree falls in the forest with no one around to hear it does it make a sound or simply cause vibrations?

In my estimation, to suggest if no one is there to hear a falling tree it causes only a vibration and no sound seems to be more of a philosophical argument than an intellectual one. There is no way that a forest is totally bereft of life, there will always be an ear to hear a tree falling by a squirrel, chipmunk, skunk, etc. Something, not necessarily someone, is always present to hear the sound of the tree falling.

Just an FYI, I am not attacking any one's intelligence with my opinion so no venom please. I just feel as though to suggest something like a tree falling making no noise just because no one is around to hear is more of perception thing than actual science. It is like asking, if a rainbow appears and no one is there to observe it does it cease to be as beautiful? (no)

[Edited 6/10/2008 7:20:48 PM]

6/18/2008 9:24:59 PM Mensa or Intellectuals  
pahoalookout
Pahoa, HI

place mark.

6/26/2008 5:21:05 PM Mensa or Intellectuals  
caley8s
Underwood, IA

What about this question:
If you were to go back in time and by accident or design kill yourself what would be the effect?
See the more I think about that one the more confused I get. If you went back in time and killed yourself, then you would have died at that point in time in which case you wouldn't have lived to go back in time to kill yourself but then you would have lived because you didn't go back in time and kill yourself...but then you kill yourself because you did live...but then you didn't....no I don't smoke pot.

6/27/2008 9:12:47 PM Mensa or Intellectuals  
pahoalookout
Pahoa, HI

Gee, caley8s, you just proved time travel is impossible! QED!

7/5/2008 3:50:45 PM Mensa or Intellectuals  

mountainman7
Chattanooga, TN

Exactly. I was having a phone conversation with a friend of mine about the future of hybrids. Then, I received some of her published papers in academic math journals this afternoon. Am reading about part of her dissertation on divisors. Lots of fun theoretical stuff, which most people would find boring or meaningless.

Quote from lawvixen:
As a member of Mensa I would enjoy having intellectual and profound conversations with others......
Womensa too!

8/4/2008 6:30:00 AM Mensa or Intellectuals  

1lovelyblend
Worcester, MA

Hello all - I started reading this on page one, kept reading page after page, noted the jump to page 52, and here everyone is still on falling trees. Now I mean no disrespect, but all of this physical, metaphysical, theoretical, hyperintellectual discussion which allows for wonderful flexing of grey matter is just that, discussion which allows for flexing of grey matter.
Please let me share on what I've been wrestling with over the summer and maybe I can get some input which could help get me over some truly difficult and very REAL humps facing not only me but many people out there. I teach in an urban school. As I am sure you all are aware, the No Child Left Behind Act mandates that all students in the U.S. be tested on a regular basis based on standardized criteria set by the federal government and local government regulators. The Act does not allow for any accomodation based on socio economics , and makes only very limited accomodation for students with limited English proficiency and students with learning disabilities. Students with emotional disabilities recieve no accomodations, and students with motor function disabilities are given a scribe. All students must pass the this standardized test in their state in order to graduate from high school (receive a diploma).
The dilemma that teachers face is that they are help personally accountable for the passing rate of their students. I have had students who have NEVER been to a dentist, who are NEVER given breakfast at home, who routinely miss school because they have to take care of siblings or parents, who are homeless living in shelters or cars, who live in abusive foster or group homes, who are in gangs, etc. The majority of these children are brown, but the primary problem is that they are poor. The Act and the enforcers of the Act DO NOT CARE. Representatives of the Department of Education come to our school on a regular basis to make sure that teachers are following the dictates set out for us. The want to see student work on the walls, lesson plans on our desks, student participation during lessons, and so on. They sit in on lessons for 15 to 20 minutes, make their reports and leave. Their reports for wealthy school districts are written the same way as for poor ones.
I ask you, how does one human being make a difference when education is one of the last issues listed as "important" in poll after poll during this election year. I just thought I'd put it out there as a "reality" topic. Maybe it'll stick.

8/4/2008 6:42:59 AM Mensa or Intellectuals  

1lovelyblend
Worcester, MA

By the way, while I am quite secure in my "smartness" (I'm a lawyer, we are allowed to make up words - do it all the time ), I am also secure in the knowledge that I will never, ever make it to Mensa. I am a complete math phobic, unless it has to do with money of course. But, I can still engage in a good conversation, and nothing is as stimulating as one of those zesy arguments where minds are opened and parties amiably agree to disagree.

8/6/2008 2:00:40 AM Mensa or Intellectuals  

jewelz5
Monteagle, TN

You Mensas are a bunch of bedwetters and couldn't carry on an intellectual conversation if you tried. Just look at this dumb thread after how many months? Still nothing said and still nothing accomplished, just more bedwetting.

8/6/2008 10:33:12 AM Mensa or Intellectuals  
pahoalookout
Pahoa, HI

If am man says sonething in the woods and there are no women around to hear him, is he still wrong?

9/7/2008 2:36:35 PM Mensa or Intellectuals  

arkielady
Austin, AR

I was thinking that there was a need for a group for intelligent conversation, so I went to the "Suggest New Group" thread. How can this thread have gone on, with intellectuals posting to it and no one have figured out that the second thread under the "Suggest New Group" page says to create a poll if you want to start a new group?

It gives more meaning to one of the very early posts about the guy with the bag over his head. JMHO

9/7/2008 4:05:57 PM Mensa or Intellectuals  

lostinwyoming
Evanston, WY

Quote from 1lovelyblend:
Hello all - I started reading this on page one, kept reading page after page, noted the jump to page 52, and here everyone is still on falling trees. Now I mean no disrespect, but all of this physical, metaphysical, theoretical, hyperintellectual discussion which allows for wonderful flexing of grey matter is just that, discussion which allows for flexing of grey matter.
Please let me share on what I've been wrestling with over the summer and maybe I can get some input which could help get me over some truly difficult and very REAL humps facing not only me but many people out there. I teach in an urban school. As I am sure you all are aware, the No Child Left Behind Act mandates that all students in the U.S. be tested on a regular basis based on standardized criteria set by the federal government and local government regulators. The Act does not allow for any accomodation based on socio economics , and makes only very limited accomodation for students with limited English proficiency and students with learning disabilities. Students with emotional disabilities recieve no accomodations, and students with motor function disabilities are given a scribe. All students must pass the this standardized test in their state in order to graduate from high school (receive a diploma).
The dilemma that teachers face is that they are help personally accountable for the passing rate of their students. I have had students who have NEVER been to a dentist, who are NEVER given breakfast at home, who routinely miss school because they have to take care of siblings or parents, who are homeless living in shelters or cars, who live in abusive foster or group homes, who are in gangs, etc. The majority of these children are brown, but the primary problem is that they are poor. The Act and the enforcers of the Act DO NOT CARE. Representatives of the Department of Education come to our school on a regular basis to make sure that teachers are following the dictates set out for us. The want to see student work on the walls, lesson plans on our desks, student participation during lessons, and so on. They sit in on lessons for 15 to 20 minutes, make their reports and leave. Their reports for wealthy school districts are written the same way as for poor ones.
I ask you, how does one human being make a difference when education is one of the last issues listed as "important" in poll after poll during this election year. I just thought I'd put it out there as a "reality" topic. Maybe it'll stick.

run for office! your allready half way there.lol.if you could get elected to congress you could try and make a differnce.i would,but they dont elect broken down ol truck driver's.lol.

9/7/2008 6:20:20 PM Mensa or Intellectuals  

lostinwyoming
Evanston, WY

watch this all the way thru,it was designed for teacher's and class's.

shift happen's.

also check out my group suggestion for information exchange.swap websites and talk about the internet as a tool and not just entertainment.thank's.

9/28/2008 4:23:48 PM Mensa or Intellectuals  

celtsice
New Orleans, LA

I.Q. about 145.. but spent the last 8 years being physical and doing lots of smart f*cking, or f*cking lots of smart people.. for instance did any of you know the standard greeting in some large cultures is "Let's Make Babies!" - literally make a happy mother.

(now back in grad school.. ahhhhhhhhh... like a warm hot tub for the cerebellum)

Page: 1, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52